czwartek, 2 kwietnia 2015

How to improve a deck you don't exactly love

There was a moment in my life when I rediscovered tarot and it was a whole new world in which Internet was easily accessible. I discovered books about tarot and that they mostly used Rider-Waite-Smith deck that I didn't know before (I've seen Tarot de Marseille somewhere and I owned my Jasniak Tarot) - so I wanted a deck that will be like RWS, but maybe a bit prettier. For unknown reason I thought that Unversal Tarot by Lo Scarabeo will be the one. I had no experience and saw only a couple of cards in the Internet - so I bought a deck that I now find totally not fitting my taste. I have some sentiment towards this deck though, because I took it with me to the tarot course I attended - and since it's an RWS clone, it was a good choice for that purpose.
Now I store this deck at my parents' place, so I have an "easy" deck at hand when I visit them for holidays. I have so many beautiful decks now, that in comparison the Universal looks really poor. So I decided I will trim it and thus improve how it looks like. And it does look better! Well, the Page of Pentacles still looks like some kind of a savage (why??), but many, many cards are improved when stripped of the ugly, white frames with names in six languages.

Take a look yourself.

Before:

After:


Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz